604 938 3885
Le Chamois, 4557 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C.
“It can be confusing to navigate your way, on your own, around the rules in Le Chamois. In summary, regarding nightly rentals and those who are obligated to rent through Whistler Premier, best to work on the basis that if you buy a studio, 1 bed/1 bath or 1 bed/2 bath you are obligated to use Whistler Premier for all your rentals.
Some condos have a full kitchen, some do not. It has all to do with the location of the unit and the (potential) stove, and it has to be looked into on a per unit basis. This inquiry is only applicable by the owner of the condo. This really hampers the sale of the condos, as a buyer cannot inquire or get approval that a stove will be permitted in the considered unit.
Whistler Premier is an established company and also manages the front desk. In my experience, provide an excellent service to owners, guests and realtors! With the Farmers’ Market on Wednesday and Sunday, the Family Adventure zone close-by, and the Mallard Bar at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler across the way, you may find yourself wondering about the last time you were in the village” – Marion.
- About Le Chamois.
- Active listings.
- Building details.
- Building plan.
- Floor plans.
- Front desk.
- Google map location of Le Chamois.
- Photo gallery.
- Rental management restrictions.
- Revenue and nightly rates.
- Ski-in ski-out access.
- Strata fees.
- Strata minutes.
- Strata parking.
- Strata plan.
- Transit bus service.
*duplicated on each page.
This is a condo, ski-in ski-out property next to the Blackcomb Day Lodge. Le Chamois offers spacious suites and those at the side facing up Blackcomb Mountain enjoy superb mountain views. For those on the side of the property overlooking Blackcomb Way, offer views of Rainbow Mountain. The property has a front desk, outdoor roof-top swimming pool and hot tub, ski/board lockers and bike storage, exercise room, underground parking and shared laundry facilities. Some of the original units may still have a hot tub in the room, courtesy of the 1980’s!
Le Chamois has a restaurant on the ground floor, and is opposite the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. This area of the Benchlands is called called the Upper Village, and is typically a quiet neighbourhood at night. Most visitors wanting action are hopefully staying in the Village. In summer there is an excellent Farmer’s Market and the Base of Blackcomb Activity Centre which are both located outside Le Chamois. It is a very easy walk from the Upper Village along the scenic trail to the village. It is well lit, and well travelled path over the Fitzsimmons Creek, and in winter this route is cleared of snow, so walking should be uneventful. Return to table of contents.
Click the following link to view active listings in Le Chamois posted by all Whistler brokerages.
Click the following link which will take you to the Whistler Listings System (WLS) so you can search for listings. In the “search by address” box on the lower left of the screen, type the street address, 4557 Blackcomb Way, and WLS will pull up all the current listings in Le Chamois, plus details of the property and the listing brokerage.
Please note, every Whistler realtor posts each listing on the WLS, but not every agent posts it on Multiple Listing Site (MLS).
The Real Estate Council of BC allows me and all other agents to show and sell all property regardless of which brokerage has them listed. However, the RECBC only allows agents to cross-market the listings of brokerages which have signed a Reciprocity Agreement.
All new listings and price changes which each listing agent posts on the WLS are re-posted on the Whistler Ski in Ski out Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages, along with the listing broker information. So, if you want to keep up to date on the ski-in ski-out listing activity in Whistler, checking those social media sites would be the way to do it. Click the icons to the left to connect. Return to table of contents.
Built in 1989, the property has studios to 4 bedroom suites, 62 units and is zoned for nightly rental. Floors 5 and 6 are zoned as residential, but do have nightly zoning status. This way 15% of the building can be assured to stay residential and thereby ensure that the building retains its residential status for property tax purposes. There is an active front desk staffed by Whistler Premier. Return to table of contents.
Established rental management company, Whistler Premier, manage the front desk which provides excellent service to owners and guests alike. For rental management restrictions see to table of contents. Return to table of contents.
Location of Le Chamois at the base of Blackcomb Mountain showing the proximity to the Wizard Express.
Return to table of contents.
- Le Chamois has a front desk managed by Whistler Premier, which is a well established, and well operated rental/strata management company. If you are buying a studio, 1 bed/1 bath, or a 1 bed/2 bath you are obligated to use Whistler Premier as your rental company. This means that you cannot advertise on VRBO etc promoting your unit. The 5th and 6th floor have the option to self-manage or use the rental management company of their choice. On the 2nd, 3rd & 4th floors it all depends on the size (# of bedrooms) of the unit as to whether you can self-manage/rent your condo or not.
- If you want to self-manage your studio or one bedroom condo, Le Chamois is not the building for you.
- Some studio and one bedroom condos have a full kitchen, meaning a stove. If the listing realtor has not said whether a stove could be added, you should ask your realtor to find out. It is really important with Le Chamois to uncover the idiosyncrasies of each unit you are considering in Le Chamois before ruling out this building. Remember, real estate is about location, location, location and Le Chamois is in an excellent location…unless you need an oven then the location is not as high on the list.
- If you are considering a lock-off: This is a condo with one door to the hallway, and then an interior lobby which has two doors, one leading to the studio with kitchen facilities & a bathroom, and the other door leading to a bedroom & bathroom. Whistler Premier will not rent out part of the lock-off while you stay in the other part. The sound-proofing between the bedroom and the suite is not suitable for guests.
- Return to table of contents.
Who wouldn’t rent in Le Chamois? It is an excellent ski-in ski-out, walk to the Village location, with a swimming pool and hot tub…some even in the living room! I had a client who bought a studio which had the tub in the living room and they had no problem renting it out. There is an advantage to this ski-in ski-out location over the properties further up in the Benchlands, and that advantage is the location to the Village. Check out the front desk rental management’s site,
www.WhistlerPremier to see what the nightly rates are for this location. If you are planning to buy a condo with 2 bedrooms or more in Le Chamois, you may want to check out www.AlluraDirect.com to see the potential nightly rentals of comparable properties. Return to table of contents.
Sales since January 2014 (listed in chronological order with the most recent sale at the top of the list) posted by all Whistler brokerages:
- 1 bedroom/2 bathroom $445,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom, $365,000.
- studio/1 bathroom $342,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $420,000.
- 1 bedroom/2 bathroom $328,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $299,900.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $360,000.
- studio/1 bathroom $283,000.
- studio/1 bathroom $310,000.
- 1 bedroom/2 bathroom $317,500.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $470,000.
- 1 bedroom/2 bathroom $320,000.
The Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC) does not permit real estate agents to post all the details on real estate sales. If you want to view past sales, which you should do if you are thinking of buying any property, then contact me, Marion Anderson at Marion@myseatosky.com (604) 938-3885. A useful public website to look at is www.BCAssessment.ca. This site is initially a little tricky to navigate, but it will give you the current year and last year’s assessed value of the property, and the sales over the past year.
When the terms and conditions have been removed on each transaction, but the property has not changed title, the sales information is posted on WLS by the listing agent. I re-post this information on the Whistler Ski in Ski out social media pages of Twitter, Facebook and Google+. That is a good way for you to track Whistler ski-in ski-out sales activity. Click the social media icons on the left and it should lead you to my social media pages, and then follow or like as directed. Return to table of contents.
When you look at the photographs above, you will wonder why I even have this section! Yes, the property really is that close to the Whistler Creekside, Gondola which takes you up to the Red Chair on Whistler Mountain. The door at the back of First Tracks Lodge is the exit from the ski locker room. Return to table of contents.
Strata fees include electricity, cable, and gas which are included in the strata fees. Return to table of contents.
- A Depreciation Report has been completed for this property.
- Ski/board storage lockers
- Bike storage.
- In-suite storage for owner belongings
- I am not permitted to post the strata minutes on this site, as they are not deemed public information. The listing agent is not obliged to order the strata minutes until there is an accepted offer. I like my clients to read the strata minutes before writing an offer so that we know of any assessments coming down, and so that if there is a Depreciation Report, my clients have a good understanding of future repairs. Return to table of contents.
There is visitor and assigned parking in Le Chamois. Return to table of contents.
No need a transit schedule because you are so close to everything. I expect you would take a $5 taxi between the Village and Le Chamois, or walk along the scenic route by the Fitzsimmons Creek, or along Blackcomb Way. Return to table of contents.
I am here to help you…that is why I created this web-site, so please contact me. I appreciate your feedback. Return to table of contents.
Sutton Group-West Coast Realty
203-1080 Millar Creek Road, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B1 Canada
604 938 3885